Healthy Eating ---> Healthy Life ♥
I've mentioned before in my post
that i'm no longer the "I can eat anything i want and it won't show on my body" girl anymore, but realizing that made me take control of my body, before i lost the control to unhealthy eating and laziness.
"According to the National Institutes of Health, metabolism is the name for the process your body uses to convert the food you eat into energy. many people say that our metabolism slows down as we age and surprisingly it's not true however, The illusion that your metabolism slows as you age actually occurs because as you get older, your muscle mass decreases and your amount of fat tends to increase, decreasing your BMR and the amount of calories your body burns. This in turn decreases the amount of calories you need to take in through your diet."(McAllister,2013,para.1&3)
So, since I entered my 20s i'm trying to eating much healthier, staying active and doing my research to learn more about how my body works so i can control it instead of letting it control me. it's okay to have on a little of wight, it's
, but there is a difference between being healthy with a fair weight and being totally unhealthy causing you over weight. There are a lot of people out there who talk about and make healthy food, most of them are either vegan,
etc. I eat meat and chicken and i'm not planning to stop it, but I've
learned so much from these people about the importance of having a fresh, nutritious and balanced meal.
two of my favorite ones are
, a Blogger/YouTuber, she covers topics like, fashion, beauty, and food. and
from Deliciously Ella
I don't Deprive myself from the food i love, but i changed some things in my diet that will keep me healthy and they are:
1. I avoid eating canned food and choose something fresh instead.
2. I avoid having overly sweet and high calories deserts/drinks.
3. I keep my food as much as low fat as possible, not saying that i don't enjoy fries or something made in the oven, but there's different between fair amount of oil and too much oil and fat.
4. I drink water as much as possible and drink soda/coke and unhealthy drinks as little as possible.
5. I avoid eating fast food as much as possible, but if i had to eat outside i go for something fresh and light.
6. I know the importance of sleep much more and i know it's not exaggerating that the lack of sleep affect everything in your life, and i mean EVERYTHING.
7. lastly, I try to stay active and exercise (Yoga, walking, and taking the stairs instead of elevator are my favorite).
ps. Spring is here ♥